The grand junction lions club and ITS carnival
Our club was chartered in October of 1921 and immediately began raising money to help out various projects and organizations for the betterment of our community. To date the Grand Junction Lions Club holds its annual Carnival and Parade (which first started in 1929) as its sole fund raiser and has given back more than $4,000,000 back to the local community. Get involved, give back to our great city and community, have an amazing time the whole time! Check out just some of the projects Lions Club helped create with our dedicated members who work each year to make what you see around you, happen.
featured grand junction lions club projects
"The GJ Lions launched the idea of a river trail system in 1987. With backing from City and County, a long list of contributors, plus hundreds of volunteers, it has become a wonderful recreational asset for our community. I was privileged to be a part of it's origin, and am very fulfilled that it's such a successful project."
- Brian Mahoney, Grand Junction Lions Club Member
"The Western Colorado Center for the Arts was built and completed in 1982 as a result of $100,000 seed money by the GJ Lions Club. The $350,000 addition to the Art Center has approximately 3,200 square fee of exhibit display areas. The Art Center has a much larger presence for the Grand Valley as a result of our funding."
- Larry Jones, Grand Junction Lions Member
"HopeWest (formerly Hospice & Palliative Care of Western Colorado) opened the doors of the new Hospice Inpatient Care Center thanks to the generosity of the individuals and organizations who contributed so much to the capital campaign. The Grand Junction Lions club stepped up early to become one of the largest donors to the campaign. Today the patients and families, whose lives are so dramatically impacted by this beautiful facility, continually express their deep gratitude to The Grand Junction club and others whose leadership gifts made the Care Center possible."
- Jacquie Chappell-Reid, HopeWest
"The Two Rivers Plaza was completed in 1972 as a result of $100,000 seed money by the GJ Lions club.
This project has worked out tremendously for the City of Grand Junction, providing meeting and convention facilities since 1972. It has been remodeled and upgraded in early 2000's and continues to be a excellent civic center for Grand Junction. Two Rivers has helped the Lions Club Carnival because it is a large enough facility for Carnival Night."
- Larry Jones, Grand Junction Lions Club Member